Today is the second day of our mission trip. As I worked today I realized again how blessed I am to be able to serve God. I have no major skills, I have no overwhelming ability yet God still chooses to use me. As the evening drew to a close, the group decided to go to Lake Erie. The unbelievable sunset in the west I stood amazed as I have ever been standing on the beach. This fresh water lake God too carved with his own hands. Right before we left the lake this evening a gentleman from the township rode up and we were talking. He shared that not too long ago he had went through some events that woke him up to the need for faith. I shared my testimony with him that God had sent me a wake up call that convinced me to accept Christ. Admit that you have a sin you cannot handle, believe Jesus can handle your sin problem because of his death and resurrection, and then commit to follow Chirst the rest of your days. This gentleman was a church member, but even so he did not have the answers to share with his 13 year old grandson who struggles with death so greatly that he calls him crying. The difference between the exciting VBS full of sixty children at Lake Pointe and the answerless young grandson is a matter of faith. This is the difference that all need to hear. Christ has come and death no longer has a sting!
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Message Monday: Training the Twelve – Matthew & James the Lesser: Pragmatic Disciples (Mark 2:13-17)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- If we desire forgiveness from God and others, we should be a forgiving people. #Matthew 6:14 6 days ago
- Prayer and fasting is not about putting on a show for others, but about seeking hope and help from our Father. #Matthew 6 6 days ago
- When the Lord calls one for service, He fills them with the Spirit, wisdom, and ability to accomplish his purposes. #Exodus 30 6 days ago
- God must set us apart as holy so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must cleanse us so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- Righteousness put on as a show for others is not the righteousness of God. #Matthew 6:1 1 week ago