Today our group had the day off. Well I should say that some of our group had the day off. Mr. Ralph and Mr. Bee decided to stay at the church to press ahead on the tasks that needed to be completed. For those of us who took the day off we went to Niagara Falls. When I looked over the Falls from the Observation Tower my breath was taken away. To think that my God created and sustained all the majesty and glory of this site simply amazes me! It is not hard to brag on God when you see a sight like Niagara. As I stood on the Maid of the Mist in front of the Horshoe Falls, one thought came to my mind. My former pastor, Barry Byrd uses in his messages a story of Niagara Falls as an illustration of genuine faith. Barry says that genuine faith is like the man walking Niagara on a tightrope. Everyone believes he can do it. Most believe he could even push a wheel barrow across the falls, but few actually believe strongly enough to climb into the wheel barrow. I am so overjoyed with our experience in Erie, mainly because of the way our team jumped into Christ’s wheel barrow this week and let him take them wherever he may want them to go. Bee and Ralph felt convicted today to stay behind and press on, Christ drove their passion and desire to finish well! For those of us who went to Niagara, we went to a spot today where we could truly glorify God and even speak of His majest to others like a family from Rhode Island or a Jewish Family from Israel. Wherever we may be led to God Christ has driven us there for a reason and we should be on mission!
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Message Monday: Training of the Twelve – Thomas and Thaddaeus: Skeptical Disciples (John 14:21-24; John 20:24-29)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Message Monday: Training the Twelve – Matthew & James the Lesser: Pragmatic Disciples (Mark 2:13-17)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- If we desire forgiveness from God and others, we should be a forgiving people. #Matthew 6:14 1 week ago
- Prayer and fasting is not about putting on a show for others, but about seeking hope and help from our Father. #Matthew 6 1 week ago
- When the Lord calls one for service, He fills them with the Spirit, wisdom, and ability to accomplish his purposes. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must set us apart as holy so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must cleanse us so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago