I apologize for not updating any sooner; it’s been a little busy around here. As of Sept. 17, we have become a 3 child household meaning Steven and I are officially out-numbered. Roslyn Elizabeth arrived @ 9:00 on Wed. Sept. 17 and has been a joy ever since. Her older brother and sister are totally in love with her as are we all. She is beginning to smile and give us the ever-famous, “Are you people for real?” look that most babies possess. I have known since I was little that I wanted to be the mother of at least 2 children, but I never understood (and still don’t sometimes) all of the challenges and blessings that come along with those bundles of joy. Even so, each day is full of love. My prayer is that I will be the kind of mother that will point Robbie toward the kind of woman God has for him and the kind of woman God wants Rachel and Roslyn to become. In Proverbs 31, God describes what I believe is a woman after His own heart. She is at the same time strong and vulneralbe, independent and needy, determined and hopeful, and always full of faith, love, hope, and grace. She is who I strive to be. As I look into the face of my newest daughter I am once again in awe of God’s abililty and care in knitting her within me. He knows her better than I do and He loves her more. How awesome is the love of God that He would choose to lavish it on us!
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Message Monday: Training the Twelve – Matthew & James the Lesser: Pragmatic Disciples (Mark 2:13-17)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- If we desire forgiveness from God and others, we should be a forgiving people. #Matthew 6:14 6 days ago
- Prayer and fasting is not about putting on a show for others, but about seeking hope and help from our Father. #Matthew 6 6 days ago
- When the Lord calls one for service, He fills them with the Spirit, wisdom, and ability to accomplish his purposes. #Exodus 30 6 days ago
- God must set us apart as holy so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must cleanse us so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- Righteousness put on as a show for others is not the righteousness of God. #Matthew 6:1 1 week ago