Our counseling professor wanted us to see this video as an example of the best the world’s counseling can do. Biblical Counseling unlike this skit points to the sin in a situation and encourages people to repent and to trust Jesus to change you so as to overcome the sin. This skit only gives half of the answer. Stopping a destructive behavior makes sense; however actually stopping is near impossible. Biblical Counseling gives people a reason to stop sinning and a method to do so. Jesus is the reason. He can change hearts and lives by giving us the grace to live. The method is given by Jesus as well. We must replace destructive behaviors with the desire to glorify God in our born again hearts.
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- God's saints should practice an enduring faith because Satan will try to coerce and deceive every believer. #Revelation 13 2 weeks ago
- Satan's deceptions will ultimately not fool those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life. #Revelation 13 2 weeks ago
- As God's people we are as brands plucked from the fire. He removes our filthy garments and clothes us with pure vestments. #Zechariah 3 2 weeks ago
- The Lord will be to His people as a wall of fire all around and as the glory in their midst. #Zechariah 2 2 weeks ago
- Those in a covenant relationship with God should not neglect His holiness or His house. #Nehemiah 10 2 weeks ago
- Believers conquer Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony about Him. #Revelation 12 2 weeks ago
- The Lord is exceedingly jealous for his people and exceedingly angry with those who take advantage of them. #Zechariah 1 2 weeks ago