Our counseling professor wanted us to see this video as an example of the best the world’s counseling can do. Biblical Counseling unlike this skit points to the sin in a situation and encourages people to repent and to trust Jesus to change you so as to overcome the sin. This skit only gives half of the answer. Stopping a destructive behavior makes sense; however actually stopping is near impossible. Biblical Counseling gives people a reason to stop sinning and a method to do so. Jesus is the reason. He can change hearts and lives by giving us the grace to live. The method is given by Jesus as well. We must replace destructive behaviors with the desire to glorify God in our born again hearts.
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Christians prefer face to face fellowship rather than paper and ink. #2John 4 days ago
- A watchful Christian guards against false hope by not welcoming false teaching. #2John 5 days ago
- Christian love is walking according to the commandment of Christ. #2John 5 days ago
- The theological agreement that Christians have testifies to the absolute truth taught by their Savior and Lord. #2John 5 days ago
- The Lord will set his remnant together like sheep in a fold, like a flock in a pasture. #Micah 2 5 days ago
- God's Word does good by those who walk uprightly before Him. #Micah 2 5 days ago
- The Lord sees and will judge the secret plots we devise in our bedrooms. #Micah 2 6 days ago