Our counseling professor wanted us to see this video as an example of the best the world’s counseling can do. Biblical Counseling unlike this skit points to the sin in a situation and encourages people to repent and to trust Jesus to change you so as to overcome the sin. This skit only gives half of the answer. Stopping a destructive behavior makes sense; however actually stopping is near impossible. Biblical Counseling gives people a reason to stop sinning and a method to do so. Jesus is the reason. He can change hearts and lives by giving us the grace to live. The method is given by Jesus as well. We must replace destructive behaviors with the desire to glorify God in our born again hearts.
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Message Monday: Training of the Twelve – Thomas and Thaddaeus: Skeptical Disciples (John 14:21-24; John 20:24-29)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Message Monday: Training the Twelve – Matthew & James the Lesser: Pragmatic Disciples (Mark 2:13-17)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- If we desire forgiveness from God and others, we should be a forgiving people. #Matthew 6:14 1 week ago
- Prayer and fasting is not about putting on a show for others, but about seeking hope and help from our Father. #Matthew 6 1 week ago
- When the Lord calls one for service, He fills them with the Spirit, wisdom, and ability to accomplish his purposes. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must set us apart as holy so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must cleanse us so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago