Our counseling professor wanted us to see this video as an example of the best the world’s counseling can do. Biblical Counseling unlike this skit points to the sin in a situation and encourages people to repent and to trust Jesus to change you so as to overcome the sin. This skit only gives half of the answer. Stopping a destructive behavior makes sense; however actually stopping is near impossible. Biblical Counseling gives people a reason to stop sinning and a method to do so. Jesus is the reason. He can change hearts and lives by giving us the grace to live. The method is given by Jesus as well. We must replace destructive behaviors with the desire to glorify God in our born again hearts.
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down. #Luke 3 20 hours ago
- The Lord is always willing to minister to those who trust in Him for help. #Mark 1 23 hours ago
- Trust in the Lord to may your name and to grant you a blessing. #Genesis 12 1 day ago
- Everything changes when we transition from knowing about the Lord to experiencing Him day by day. #Job 42 1 day ago
- No mere mortal can question or correct Almighty God. #Job 38 1 day ago
- The Almighty is beyond our reach, but we are not beyond his concern. #Job 37 1 day ago
- God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. #Job 37 1 day ago