I saw this clip the other day and thought it would be a good one to share. One of the trends I am most disturbed by is the idea that church should meet people’s “needs” instead of having the focus be on God’s glorification. By this I do not mean that the church should not endeavor to meet legitimate needs of people. Even so, the most legitimate need of people is to hear the gospel and be called to respond. The opportunity to preach the gospel should be the primary reason we meet other needs, the force behind meeting other needs, and the followup after meeting someone’s other needs. Without the gospel there is no church! It is not so important that we meet all the needs of people, but when we come together we need meet Jesus Christ on our knees.
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Christians prefer face to face fellowship rather than paper and ink. #2John 4 days ago
- A watchful Christian guards against false hope by not welcoming false teaching. #2John 5 days ago
- Christian love is walking according to the commandment of Christ. #2John 5 days ago
- The theological agreement that Christians have testifies to the absolute truth taught by their Savior and Lord. #2John 5 days ago
- The Lord will set his remnant together like sheep in a fold, like a flock in a pasture. #Micah 2 5 days ago
- God's Word does good by those who walk uprightly before Him. #Micah 2 5 days ago
- The Lord sees and will judge the secret plots we devise in our bedrooms. #Micah 2 6 days ago