I saw this clip the other day and thought it would be a good one to share. One of the trends I am most disturbed by is the idea that church should meet people’s “needs” instead of having the focus be on God’s glorification. By this I do not mean that the church should not endeavor to meet legitimate needs of people. Even so, the most legitimate need of people is to hear the gospel and be called to respond. The opportunity to preach the gospel should be the primary reason we meet other needs, the force behind meeting other needs, and the followup after meeting someone’s other needs. Without the gospel there is no church! It is not so important that we meet all the needs of people, but when we come together we need meet Jesus Christ on our knees.
Follow on Twitter
This list is a selection of good books I am currently reading. While no text can offer guidance like the Scriptures, each of these when measured against that Holy Book has content that points to Christ.
Vote In A Web Poll
Click the following link and you will be directed to all of our active Web Polls so that you can vote in them!
Ministry of the Word
Listen to Past Worship Messages
- Message Monday: Training of the Twelve – Thomas and Thaddaeus: Skeptical Disciples (John 14:21-24; John 20:24-29)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Message Monday: Training the Twelve – Matthew & James the Lesser: Pragmatic Disciples (Mark 2:13-17)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- If we desire forgiveness from God and others, we should be a forgiving people. #Matthew 6:14 1 week ago
- Prayer and fasting is not about putting on a show for others, but about seeking hope and help from our Father. #Matthew 6 1 week ago
- When the Lord calls one for service, He fills them with the Spirit, wisdom, and ability to accomplish his purposes. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must set us apart as holy so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago
- God must cleanse us so that we can effectively serve Him. #Exodus 30 1 week ago