- Today we begin a brief series of messages that I pray will help us to see the Savior with new eyes during this Christmas season.
- Think with me for just a moment of the excitement when you discovered that you or a close family member was expecting a baby.
- One of the first questions always asked is what will you name the baby.
- Lists of favorite names are compiled by parents as well as a list of never names.
- Churches would also get involved in this name craze.
- In Baptist churches years ago when they would know a new baby was on the way they would enroll the baby in the church.
- Because they did not know the name by writing down “Baby” and the parents last name on the Cradle Roll.
- So imagine with me for just a moment that God was going to enroll the Christ Child into one of our churches.
- There would be no last name because God needs no last name.
- To enroll the child a name would be requires and so when asked what would God provide as a name?
- In the book of Isaiah in at least two verses we receive God’s answer as to what name Jesus shall be called.
- Today we begin by examining the first name in Isaiah 9:6.